Thursday 8 September 2016

Relapse

From about August 2015 I hadn't felt right and had gone to see a couple of consultants with the worry that I had relapsed, both of the doctors put this down to anxiety and took some blood tests.

by December the symptoms were getting worse and some new ones had appeared, I knew this wasn't anxiety but I couldn't get them to listen to me and carry out a scan.
As far as the doctors were concerned they couldn't feel any more lumps or bumps, but I was worried about what was going on with the tumour I had in my chest.

Finally in March 2016 I saw my oncologist who had decided on the radiotherapy, I explained my concerns to him and thank goodness he requested a scan!

A few weeks later I was called back in to the Cancer Care Unit and surprise surprise I had relapsed. The tumour in y chest had grown as big as my heart, and some lymphnodes had flagged up in my lung. I was to start high dose salvage chemo and then to go on and have a stem cell transplant, using my own cells.

No comments:

Post a Comment