Thursday 8 September 2016

Diagnosis.


Hey guys!!

I decided to do a blog to document my journey for myself, update my friends and family, and let others in the same situation see what the journey is like.

I will start from the beginning!

So, right back in August 2013 I noticed a small lump had appeared just above my collar bone on the left hand side, I hadn't been feeling too well so ignored it thinking I had a virus and my glands were up. However as the months went by I hadn't felt any better and the lump was growing. A friend of mine convinced me to go to see my GP and on January 2nd 2014 (the day after my 22nd birthday) I strolled into the doctors surgery ready to find out what was going on.
After being in the room for about 3 minutes, I knew something was wrong, the doctor called a nurse and 2 other GP's in to come and have a look at the lump. They requested I went t my local hospital to have some bloods taken that afternoon. While I was there I asked the GP what she thought the lump could be and her reply made me feel sick. She said 'my gut feeling is that its cancer'.

Then next few weeks passed by in a blur of appointments with various departments, cameras down my throat, biopseys, scans and surgery. Finally on February 12th 2014 I had a call from the Cancer Care Unit asking me to go in first thing the next morning.

I met with my consultant the next morning along with my key worker. They confirmed I had Stage 2b Hodgkin's Lymphoma. They found the lump in my neck was a secondary lump to a massive tumour in the chest, wrapped round the blood vessels of my heart. I was to start 6 cycles (12 rounds) of ABVD 5 days later.





FUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment