Wednesday 21 September 2016

Day to day life with Cancer


Living daily life can be very hard.

Sometimes I can feel very sad, angry, stressed and disappointed. Other times I can feel on top of the world, confident and positive! Its a battle each morning to which emotions are going to come out on that articular day.

I often feel jealous of people having babies, getting married, moving house or generally moving on with their lives whereas we can be stuck unable to move anywhere for sometimes a very long time. It's very difficult financially which makes going out with friends quite hard too, and along with low white blood cells this can make us feel very isolated.

I am extremely lucky and I have a massive support network of friends, family, work colleagues and of course my lymphomies, this helps me ignore the bad and concentrate on the good more often than not.

Everyone is entitled to bad or down days but its so important to remember we are so much more than cancer patients. We have been given a second chance at life and that's what we all need to live for. I know it sounds cliché but life really is too short to second question anything, or stress about the most insignificant things in life!

I for one, am grateful of the attitude cancer has given me, live more and better!

No comments:

Post a Comment