Thursday 8 September 2016

Radiotherapy!

Radiotherapy is a completely different kettle of fish to chemotherapy, and I wasn't as nervous as I was to start chemo.

I arrived for my planning day and had my dashing mask made!!



I went down to have my 'tattoo' and meet the team.

The next day was my first radiotherapy session. It was completely fine and almost relaxing! The mask is completely moulded to your face and has holes in it so its not claustrophobic, the nursing team pop in and out and play music while you're in there and it lasts 5 minutes!



By about the second week the radiation was taking its toll, along with an hour journey to the hospital and back every day. My throat was burned and it was impossible to try an eat and drink anything, I survived on morphine and food supplement drinks for the remainder of the sessions.

After 15 sessions to the neck and chest and 3 to just the chest me and my mask strolled out of the Churchill Hospital hoping to never return again!


No comments:

Post a Comment